(I dont really look nice in the photo, but still Im gonna post this cos it means alot to me!)
BV-ed for decentralised service last weekend! What a great privilege be able to sing on expo stage, even though it wasnt like the usual main English service with the entire hall filled with people. It was really an amazing feeling to be able do what I've always been yearning to do, and Im really happy enough. It was of course, a great experience as well. Having prac with the full band, learning to sing parts and harmonise, learning to flow together with the worship leader.
On the technical side, I always thought it was cool seeing the BVs on stage, holding the mics and wearing hiden earphones, which I didnt know what it was used for. So last week, I finally got to use the thing myself, which they call the IEM. Its actually used to let hear your own singing, since the hall is so big and you wont be able to hear your own voice.
SO, the most ridiculous thing was, when service started, I ACTUALLY WENT ON STAGE WITHOUT ON-ING MY IEM! I totally panicked when praise started and was thinking about what I should do, and was so distracted thinking, that I forgot that I had to sing parts, haha. And the worst thing is, there was no sound coming out from the left earphone, which was the side that I was wearing, and I had to quickly switch to the right one. Everything only resumed back to normal when worship started. I felt kind of regretful for my carelessness, which took away part of the enjoyment of the entire experience of BV-ing that day. Sigh, what a waste. But okay, at least I learnt my lesson.
Talking about BV-ing, I've yet to announce on my blog that I've gotten into the CHC Teenage Band! BV-ing for decentralised service was like a short term dream come true, but being able to be an official BV in teenage band is really like, THIS TIME, ITS FOR REAL! Was totally overjoyed when I received the phonecall, because I was previously feeling quite worried about it. Will be going for my first prac tomorrow, heard we will be meeting Alison. And yeah of course, Im really looking forward to singing on expo stage again (;
Was glad I managed to accomplish my mission in time and handed it over to its owner at Marina at Keppel Bay today. Beautiful (:
Had a great leaders' meeting with Dr A R Bernard today. There were lots of thoughts running through my head, and I think its really time for a change. Purpose and task. Compliance and commitment. Revelation and crystallisation. Persistence.
The next few weeks will be a good time for me to really quieten myself down and think about what I really want, and what I want to do. Its also time for me to really seek after Him again, and tell Him that, God, no matter what,
I love You more than anything in life.